Hawaii Pacific University welcomes our veterans with military-friendly classes, convenient course scheduling, and support services to help you reach your educational goals. To use your GI bill at HPU please follow the steps below:

STEP 1: Applying for benefits
To apply for benefits, please call the Department of Veteran Affairs at 888-GI-Bill-1, or visit

STEP 2: Certificate of Eligibility
VA-approved students will receive a letter or Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA once the student’s application has been approved & processed. Simply forward a copy of your eligibility letter to the  VA Coordinator at HPU(contact info below). If you have not received your COE, a copy of your completed Veterans Online Application (VONAPP) may be accepted upon approval.

STEP 3: Register for courses
After you've been accepted to HPU and registered for courses. You will need to complete a Request for Enrollment Certification Form (See Link) and forward it to our VA coordinator every term in order to obtain VA funding. Non-Degree seeking students must also provide a parent school letter (Permission from home school to take classes with HPU)

Please scan/email or fax your signed documents to:
Fax: (808) 544-0285
Be sure to put "last name, first name, term, and Cert Request" in the subject line to ensure proper routing of your form. (Subject: Smith, John, 2012 term4, Cert Request)

To calculate your benefits Click here: New GI Bill Benefits Calculator
For more info on other Chapters of GI-bill, please see link: HPU Veterans Benefits